- WHAT'S NEW
- ABOUT US
In response to continuing threats of terrorism, the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security (EOPS), designated by the Governor as the state’s Homeland Security Advisor, adopted a statewide regional approach to security and emergency coordination. The Central Region is one of five homeland security districts in Massachusetts. The Regional Security Strategic Plan for the Commonwealth’s center lays out a strategy for linking regional public safety officials to detect, prevent, respond to and recover from the consequences of an emergency, terrorist threat or critical incident.
The purpose of the Regional Security Strategic Plan is to provide a regional framework for collaboration in planning, communication, information sharing, procuring equipment (CMRPC is the fiduciary agent), and training and exercise activities before, during and after an emergency for the sixty units of local government in the Central Region. The five specific goals for this effort include:
- Enhance the ability to assess risk and prevent future terrorist attacks or critical incidents.
- Improve the ability to collect, analyze, disseminate, and manage key information.
- Improve preparedness by enhancing regional coordination.
- Improve the ability of first responders to communicate at the scene of a terrorist attack or other critical incident.
- Improve the ability to recover from a terrorist attack or other critical incident.
The Regional Advisory Council includes representatives from these areas: Law Enforcement, Fire Services, Public Safety Communications, Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services, Public Health, Hospitals, Public Works, Regional Transit Authority, Correctional Services, Local Government Administration, Executive Office of Public Safety, Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency.
(5/23/2014) Link to the RFP for CMRPC and SRPEDD group bid for EMS Supplies -